Sunday, September 14, 2014

Grace's Soupcon and five days until the quilt show

I've finished quilting Grace's Soupcon quilt. I decided to quilt more feathers in the outer border. I can quilt them comfortably and there are little birds in Grace's quilt so it all dovetailed nicely. I used Superior's Rainbow thread for the feathers. It is variegated and the colours are fuschia, plum, red and orange. It is subtle but it gives a bit of a glow to the feathers.


This is what it looks like on the back. I chose to leave the diamonds in the border uquilted because I like the dimension.


So here is the entire quilt from the back. Don't you just love the look of a quilt from the back? I sure do!


Finally, the from of the quilt!


I have only five working days left until it is time to set-up for my Guild's quilt show. If you are in the Toronto area I hope you'll consider attending!


I organized a challenge for the Guild members. The objective was to make a quilt that is at least 50% half square triangles, has no applique or embellishment and it has a perimeter measurement of no more than 100". The quilts have been judged and I promised ribbons but I have no budget so I am making the ribbons. Nellie published a wonderful tutorial on her blog and you will find it here. This is the beginning of my ribbons. Hopefully they will be done by Tuesday!


Time for me to get cracking! Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

6 comments:

  1. You've brought extra life to an already delightful quilt ~
    Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt and your quilting are a terrific combo! What a delightful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. a terrific finish for your friends quilt Karen. Those ribbons will be much more special than the mass produced ones, and i am sure will be treasured by the recipients

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting it's gorgeous. I just think that you are a very generous soul. Your Mom must be proud. I do hope I can get a ride to the show but so far no go..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quilting on the Soupçon. I still haven't quilted mine. Those ribbons will be very special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've taken a wonderful quilt and made it even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete