Friday, October 3, 2014

Value Proposition QAL - Block 13

Welcome back to my Value Proposition Hexagon Quilt Along (QAL). I had a lot of scraps and scrap hexagons that I used to make Block 13. You could do the same or you could work with a limited number of fabrics. You will need one light, one dark-medium and one dark so three fabrics will make the block. Whatever you do have fun and make it your own!


Value Proposition Map for Block 13


Value Proposition Recipe for Block 13

  • Cut 12 Light identified as A on Map (2 for Round 1 and 10 for Round 2)
  • Cut 6 Dark Medium identified as B on Map (2 Round 1 and 4 for Round 3)
  • Cut 19 Dark identified as C on Map (1 for Centre, 2 for Round 1, 2 for Round 2 and 14 for Round 3)
My Value Proposition Block 13


Once again I've used muddy colours because those are what I'm most drawn to but you should feel free to use the colours that speak to you. The block is made using lots of leftovers but I've managed to "tame" the block by repeating certain fabrics such as the two pairs of dark brown striped fabric at the top and bottom. You can see other places where I used pairs of hexagons and placed them in the same position on opposite sides of the block. It is a great trick for ensuring that your scrappy block maintains that scrappy look but it is a little more comfortable for the eye because it isn't as wild!


I set up a Value Proposition QAL page on Flickr so that you can post pictures of your blocks and also see what others are doing! There are many very different and exciting blocks to see and there are also some pictures showing a bunch of blocks arranged together and that is very exciting to see! 
If you are looking for previous Block installments of my Value Proposition Hexagon QAL you will find all of the links under the tab Quilt Alongs by Karen H just under the banner. Have fun making Block 13. Block 14 will be available on October 17, 2014. We are going to have fun "making" fabric for this one! 

I hope you are enjoying my QAL! If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. I send an email response to every comment so if you don't hear from me it means you are a no-reply blogger and I have no way of contacting you (unless you leave me your email address).

Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

2 comments: